What’s Wrong With Red Light Cameras?
Red light cameras are sold to the public as a way for police to catch dangerous red-light runners and protect the public. What they are, in fact, is a way for private companies to make millions by ticketing the public en masse, often for barely perceptible infractions, while violating fundamental civil liberties — with no demonstrable safety benefit.
Read the Fact Sheet
Red Light Camera News
Read more news >>
- ChicagoSun-Times.com | July 27, 2014
Editorial: City, not drivers, should do the red light review work
- thenewspaper.com | July 27, 2014
Traffic cameras disabled in Ohio, France, Germany
- WBBM-AM/FM (780/105.9 Chicago, IL) | July 26, 2014
Activists protest red light cameras at intersection where spikes occurred
- Chicago Tribune | July 25, 2014
City Hall watchdog launches sweeping probe into red light camera program
- fayobserver.com / The Fayetteville (NC) Observer | July 25, 2014
Fayetteville may get red light cameras by fall